The Journey

Just taking up a little more www real estate to share my journey with people. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

If It Doesn't Challenge You - It Doesn't Change You



I slept in until around noon, waiting for the nausea to get to the "I got this" stage.  It's a battle between my stomach and my head as to who will win the great dizziness race.  Usually my head wins, even now feeling like it is swimming inside my skull.

I saw this quote and it motivated me today to get up - shower - get dressed - and go out.  We spent time walking in the mall, having lunch, and doing some light shopping.  I spent a good portion of the day reaching up and holding either my forehead or the back of neck to maybe settle down the swimming sensation I had from the meds.  It's a mental thing but sometimes it actually works.

I WANT to lie down - to just ride it out the easy way and sometimes I have no choice.  Sometimes my body shuts down and I have no other option but to lie down but today I pushed it.  Robin was constantly checking to see if I needed to return to the car or return home.  But I kept pushing it. Right now as I type and look at the computer monitor I feel dizzy and I'm sweating.  I'll go lie down for a bit now, start to unwind.

But today I faced the challenging side effects of methotrexate and I feel I have won.  But how has it changed me?  It gave me a little extra dose of that "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" feeling.  As long as I do my part, I know the Spirit will do the rest.











No comments:

Post a Comment